Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Sun in a World of Darkness...

I dedicate this to you, my star. for a while now, i was convinced that all this world had for me was cruelty, pain, suffering. i was selfish, parochial and insular. i just didn't open my eyes wide enough, or my mind, or my heart, to see the wonders that had surrounded me for so long. for the gift of friends, given unto me by God. and i thank God, for gifting me with a bright and luminous star to guide my way now, slowly but surely, of the chasm and abyss. from that deepest level of Hell, so described by Dante in Inferno, La Divina Commedia, inhabited by Lucifer himself. but i divagate.

My own Sun, my brilliant star, i hope and pray that you will always be with me, and even if the universe as we know it were to end, i know your light will continue shining into the darkest spaces of my heart. for teaching me to love again, to see this world as it truly is, for showing me life as it can be, there can be no remuneration or repayment for that. therefore, love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind. forgive the quote, but i felt it requisite. and for that, i love you the more. you shone your light just in time to wake me from falling into a bottomless pit, a veritable black hole in the iciest, deepest and darkest reaches of space. your gravity holds me in the celestial dance, and i don't feel like i'm falling anymore.

With each step we take, i grow less diffident of the winding path before me, because i know i will not traverse it in solitude, but with your empyreal radiance which reinvigorates me, and shields me. and i pray too, that i may do the same. and that this happiness, bliss, felicity will remain ours.

DISCLAIMER: NO ONE IS TO ASK ME WHAT THIS POST MEANS. IT'S OPEN TO YOUR INTERPRETATION, BECAUSE I WILL SIMPLY REFUSE TO ANSWER. CHEERS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home